Jessica brings a unique, collaborative approach to pain relief and athletic performance. As a leading coach in her field and former professional athlete, she combines her knowledge of posture therapy, sports coaching, movement technique, wellness coaching, and strength and conditioning with her personal athletic experiences to help athletes of all levels and ages prevent and overcome physical injuries so they can achieve excellence in sports and life.
Jessica was diagnosed with severe hip Osteoarthritis following three knee surgeries. The resulting pain in her hip and lower back ended her professional mountain biking career. Too young for the recommended hip replacement, she explored alternative treatments and discovered posture therapy. Through her journey from debilitating pain back to competitive sports, she learned that physical, mental, emotional and spiritual alignment are at the center of healing and achieving peak performance. To recover, Jessica had to not only straighten her posture, but she also had to learn to slow down and adopt a more calm, optimistic mental outlook. She also learned to develop a greater appreciation and joy for what she had and could do. Her injury and resulting journey to recovery filled her with passion and purpose to help others struggling with chronic pain and limitations in their physical activity.
Jessica is now back to an active lifestyle, able to partake in whatever type of exercise or sport she desires. She wants to help you do the same. Imagine participating in your sport at a higher level and with less fear of injury; imagine having increased body confidence and a wholistic training strategy that supports continued wellness. Jessica has successfully used this approach with recreational and high-ranking professional athletes to overcome their movement limitations, allowing them to return to the sports they love.
- M.S. Exercise Science, University of Arizona
- B.S. Biological Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara
Licenses & Certifications
- Postural Restoration Trained (PRT), Postural Restoration Institute® (PRI)
- Advanced Exercise Therapist, Egoscue University®
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Licensed Corporate Wellness Coach, Wellcoaches Corporation
- Patch Fitness Instructor, Egoscue University®
Former Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Cycling Coach, USA Cycling (USAC)
- Certified Nordic Ski Instructor, Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA)
- Resistance Training Professional, National Posture Institute (NPI)
- Corporate Fitness Specialist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Corporate Ergonomist
- Exercise Class Instructor and Coordinator
- Corporate Health Promotion Program Manager
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Exercise Physiologist
- Elite Athlete Fitness Tester
My Top Strengths and What It Means to You
- Self-Control and Self-Regulation
Change is hard. Success requires discipline and commitment; I’ll keep you accountable along your journey.
- Honesty, Authenticity & Genuineness
I’ve been there and done that, which is why I do what I do. I have a great desire to help you avoid my mistakes and take the easier path.
- Zest, Enthusiasm & Energy
You can do it! I want you to excel and will encourage you to move beyond your comfort zone to become greater than you’ve ever dared alone.
- Hope, Optimism and Future-Mindedness
I focus on your goals and where you want to go, helping you leave the past behind and open to the opportunities before you.
- Industry, Diligence & Perseverance
I work hard for my clients and expect the same in return. We are in partnership to improve your wellness and sports performance.
Based on the VIA Survey of Character Strengths Questionnaire
joBerg2c – 500 miles, 9 day, two-person, mountain bike stage race, 10th place stage 9 finish
Turkey Track Trail Marathon, 3rd in age group
45km Classic Ski Overall Champion, North Routt Coureur de Bois
2007 & 2009
90km Skate Ski Finisher, North Routt Coureur de Bois
Mountain Bike World Cup Competitor
Mountain Bike World Marathon Championships, Team USA Member
24 hours of Adrenalin Mountain Bike Race Champion
Iron Horse Road Race Champion, 35+
1988 & 1987
Collegiate Gymnast, UCSB